- Dates October 14 – 21, 2013
- Start & End Florence, Italy
- Special Event trail marathon
- Tour Highlights Daily trail running clinics, the EcoMaratona del Chianti, day trips to Siena and Pienza, great local food and wine tasting.
- Trip Price $1995
Treat yourself to a dream destination run in one of the most beautiful regions in the world. Your week begins with door-to-door service from the Florence airport to your home for the week, a 13th century villa just outside of Siena. This charming farmhouse is loaded with modern amenities that you would expect at only the finest hotels.
Once settled in our home for the week, you will enjoy nice and easy guided trail runs (to keep you fresh for the race!), daily running clinics covering everything from hill running techniques to race day nutrition, visits to local points of interests, some of the best wine and food in the world, all culminating with your included entry into the Ecomaratona del Chianti, an event that will linger fondly in your memory for years to come.
EcoMaratona del Chianti The 42 km trail marathon starts in Castelnuovo Beradenga and continues through some of the most historic and beautiful countryside and vineyards in Chianti. The course has nearly 3000 ft of elevation gain, with all but 2.5 km on trails.
- Beautiful accommodations in a Tuscan Villa in Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Guided trail runs
- Running clinics
- Shuttle to/from Florence airport
- Shuttle to nearby towns and points of interest
- Race overview, including personal race plan/strategy
- Race entry (includes tech shirt, medal, bottle of wine, and pasta dinner, of course!)
- Sponsor giveaways
8 spots 7 spots are available as of Feb. 10th.